About Scituate Rod & Gun Club
The Scituate Rod & Gun Club, incorporated in 1929, is one of the oldest clubs on the South Shore.
We are situated on 29.5 acres on the West side of Route 3A in North Scituate, about 3/10 mile South of the Cohasset line. An active land acquisition program effectively doubled the size of the Club during 1994.
Although only a small Club, SRGC offers something for just about every taste in shooting sports with a calendar of events scheduled throughout the year.
- Skeet on Sunday afternoons and Wednesday evenings.
- Trap on the 2nd and 4th Saturdays.
- SASS (Single Action Shooting Society) matches throughout the year.
- Pistol matches.
- Rifle and Muzzleloader matches.
- A Turkey Shoot in the Fall.
- A Kid's Fishing Derby in May. 2014 Fishing Derby and
2014 Vocational Life Skills Fishing Derby
- For the archers, a 3-D course winds its way around our property with practice butts available behind the Clubhouse.
- Activities listed above in grey are on hold pending range improvements.
Adjacent to the Clubhouse is a small pond for members to use. The pond is a favorite with kids in the summer while Dad, and sometimes Mom too, play with their toys.
The Club holds two business meetings per month; on the first and third Mondays starting at 8:00 pm. Prospective new members are voted in at these meetings.